India confirm the launch of world’s cheapest smartphone Freedom 251
Well noone could ever imagine a smartphone with 8 gb ROM, 1gb RAM and 3.2 megapixel camera at just Rs. 251. This is not a dream but a reality, as an Indian firm confirm the launch of what the company claims to be the world’s most cheapest smartphone Freedom 251.
Earlier it was said that Freedom 251 phone would be priced under 500 rupees (£5; $7.3), but at the launch on Wednesday, it said it would cost just 251 rupees ($3.67; £2.56). Freedom 251 was officially launched in New Delhi on Wednesday by Noida-based firm Ringing Bells.
It is also said that the bookings for the Rs. 251 smartphone are now open and you can buy one by heading to the official website freedom251.com.
If you are looking to buy the smartphone here is the step to buy it. This is as published by NDTV.
1. Goto Official website freedom251.com.
2. Click on Buy Now button.
3. Note that the Ringing Bells is charging Rs. 40 for shipping Freedom 251 to your home so the total you will need to pay is Rs. 291.
4. Enter your shipping address, accept the terms and conditions and click on Pay Now to proceed to the payment page.
Feature and specification of the smartphone:
1. Display: 4.00-inch
2. Processor: 1.3GHz
3. Front Camera: 0.3-megapixel
4. Resolution: 540×960 pixels
5. RAM: 1GB
6. OS: Android 5.1
7. Storage: 8GB
8. Rear Camera: 3.2-megapixel
9. Battery capacity: 1450mAh